Arkansas Tech: 3 more face charges for hazing | News
RUSSELLVILLE, Ark. (KTHV) -- Arkansas Tech officials say two more people have been arrested in connection to a hazing incident that left a student hospitalized for weeks (http://on.kthv.com/Rf6Duw).
According to Arkansas State Police, Deonte Bradley of Russellville, Steven Bender of Little Rock, Calvin Williams of Conway and Klyantel Summons of Little Rock all face charges of second degree battery.
Bradley was arrested earlier. School officials say Bender and Williams were taken into custody Friday.
Sam Strasner with the university says the suspects are not students and that the incident took place off campus. He did not elaborate further.
The April incident led Arkansas Tech to permanently ban Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity from the campus last week (http://on.kthv.com/R0t96f).
(Source: Arkansas State Police, Arkansas Tech University release)
Upcoming Events near Russellville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting
- Possible explosive found in Burns Park