Arkansas Tech: 3 more face charges for hazing | News
RUSSELLVILLE, Ark. (KTHV) -- Arkansas Tech officials say two more people have been arrested in connection to a hazing incident that left a student hospitalized for weeks (http://on.kthv.com/Rf6Duw).
According to Arkansas State Police, Deonte Bradley of Russellville, Steven Bender of Little Rock, Calvin Williams of Conway and Klyantel Summons of Little Rock all face charges of second degree battery.
Bradley was arrested earlier. School officials say Bender and Williams were taken into custody Friday.
Sam Strasner with the university says the suspects are not students and that the incident took place off campus. He did not elaborate further.
The April incident led Arkansas Tech to permanently ban Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity from the campus last week (http://on.kthv.com/R0t96f).
(Source: Arkansas State Police, Arkansas Tech University release)
Upcoming Events near Russellville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival
- Second skunk tests positive for rabies in NLR