Update: Police identify victim in Russellville shooting | News
RUSSELLVILLE, Ark. (KTHV) State police say Walter Hirsch, 54, is the victim in the officer-involved shooting in Russellville on Friday. State police are investigating the incident at 412 West I Street.
In a press release, State police say Russellville police responded three times to the home on Friday. The second call came from a report from a resident that someone fired a gunshot into a window of the home. The third time, the officer says Hirsch came to the porch brandishing a pistol, which he aimed at the officers as they approached the residence.
One police officer fired his service weapon and wounded Hirsch who later died at the hospital.
Upcoming Events near Russellville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting
- Possible explosive found in Burns Park