Pope Co. shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 facing charges | News
POPE CO., Ark. (KTHV) -- Pope County authorities are investigating a shooting that left a man dead Friday afternoon.
According to Sheriff Aaron Duvall, deputies found the body of 65-year-old Lee Britton apparently dead from a gunshot wound about two miles northwest of London.
Sheriff Duvall says 26-year-old Andrew James Cody of Casa is facing a first degree murder charge in this case. Sheena LaKay Cody, 25, was facing an accomplice to murder charge, but the State has decided not to file formal charges against her.
Authorities say the investigation is ongoing and a decision to charge Sheena Cody could be made in the future.
Sheriff Duvall tells Today's THV that Andrew Cody is also facing an aggravated residential burglary charge. He is being held at the Pope County Detention Center on a $500,000 bond.
A motive behind the shooting has not been provided at this time.
Upcoming Events near Russellville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Security issues at Burns Park in North Little Rock
- 'Disney on Ice' headed for Verizon Arena in May
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.