3 Arkansas Tech tennis players honored by ITA | News
RUSSELLVILLE, Ark. (AP) - Three Arkansas Tech tennis team members have been named to the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Division II Women's Scholar Athlete Team for the 2011-2012 season.
Officials said Thursday that Maria Aleman, Allison Grahl and Nina Greenway are three of the 15 student-athletes from the Great American Conference who are on the team. This year's Scholar Athlete Team consisted of 280 student-athletes from 72 different NCAA Division II institutions.
According to the association's website, the ITA promotes both the athletic and academic achievements of the collegiate tennis community.
The Intercollegiate Tennis Association was founded in 1956 and administers numerous regional and national championships.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Russellville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Security issues at Burns Park in North Little Rock
- 'Disney on Ice' headed for Verizon Arena in May
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.