3 Arkansas Tech tennis players honored by ITA | News
RUSSELLVILLE, Ark. (AP) - Three Arkansas Tech tennis team members have been named to the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Division II Women's Scholar Athlete Team for the 2011-2012 season.
Officials said Thursday that Maria Aleman, Allison Grahl and Nina Greenway are three of the 15 student-athletes from the Great American Conference who are on the team. This year's Scholar Athlete Team consisted of 280 student-athletes from 72 different NCAA Division II institutions.
According to the association's website, the ITA promotes both the athletic and academic achievements of the collegiate tennis community.
The Intercollegiate Tennis Association was founded in 1956 and administers numerous regional and national championships.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Russellville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hammock Farm allows students to enjoy outdoors at CBC
- Hendrix Wind Ensemble Presents “An Evening in the Park”
- AETN announces Greenbrier teacher selected for 2014 PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovators Program
- Police officer arrested for Internet stalking children
- 2 killed, 1 hurt in Faulkner County collision